Last Minute Fourth of July Menu | Tuesday's Tip of the Day!
If you just received a text saying, “can we come over, and bring our friends.” Don’t worry, this isn’t the first time…right?
Some of my favorite last minute entertaining ideas are ones that I do even when time isn’t of the essence. Why? Because they are easy, quick and allow you more time to prepare your red white and blue attire and prepare the house.
- Purchase: Sparking water, limes or lemons, lemonade or limeade, glasses, straws, and ice.
- Prepare: Fill each glass with ice, 3/4 lemonade and 1/4 sparkling water to finish, garnish with lemon or lime slices. For an adult version, add a splash of vodka or rum.
- Purchase: Pre-cut jicama sticks, baby carrots, cucumber, mini bell peppers, hummus.
- Prepare: Make a veggie platter with your collection of cold cuts and serve them with hummus.
- Purchase: Ground meat, slider buns, mayo, ketchup, onions, lettuce, tomato (small), thousand island dressing, American cheese - OR – steak and corn.
- Prepare: Season ground meat with salt and pepper. Portion into small slider size patties. Grill and top with American cheese. Toast slider buns and allow guests to assemble to their liking. Grilling sliders cooks faster and you can portion them faster too – OR – Season steaks with salt and pepper, grill, serve with grilled corn.
- Purchase: Angel food cake (bakery), whipping cream (make it yourself), strawberries, blueberries – OR – Banana, vanilla ice cream, whipping cream, hot fudge, strawberries, nuts.
- Prepare: Slice angel food cake in half across bias and remove top layer. Layer bottom layer with whipping cream, top with clean (and dried) blueberries and sliced strawberries. Place top half on top, add remaining whipping cream and berries, slice (like a cake) and serve – OR – make banana splits!
And beside the drive to the market, and loosing your parking spot, there you have a quick fourth of July feast with minimal prep, cooking and cleanup!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!