How to Cut a Mango, Including a Step-By-Step Video | Tuesday's Tip of the Day!
I’m assuming, but not sure, if you know just how excited I am right now. Why you may ask? Well, it’s summer and all my favorite fruits are in their prime. From mango, peaches (especially those darn tasty white ones), avocado (yes, they are fruit), and watermelon, I am in sweet heaven! Juice dripping from my chin, sticky fingers…I don’t even care! Today I am going to quickly touch on how to cut a mango. And, if your anything like me, you cannot get enough of them right about now! And for those of you that prefer to WATCH me cut a mango, come check out my YouTube video that posted this morning.
1. Wash your mango: Cold running water with your hands. No soap!
2. Slice: A thin flat portion from both the top and bottom. This creates a nice flat surface from which it can stand on your cutting board.
3. Carve: using a sharp knife, start at the top, with your mango standing upright, and literally carve away the skin in smooth thin slices. The goal is to cut right below the peel as to limit waste but remove skin. If you want to use a peeler, be my guest but notice how the peel keeps getting stuck in the peeler, especially if your mango is soft.
4. Plank: Now that your mango is peeled, imagine the seed in the middle. Imagine four plank around the mango, and cut straight down all four sides as close to the core as you can.
5. Snack: For those tiny bits too close to the core, turn your back to your guests and get to work. The little bits of leftover juicy deliciousness simply put, should not be wasted.
And with that, you can slice or chop to your heart’s content!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, for dozens of other videos solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!