Mason Jars: My 5 Favorite Uses | Tuesday’s Tip of the Day!
From canning, to serving as vases, hurricanes and cocktail shakers, mason jars are all the rage! Today, I am going to share my top 5 uses for purchasing a collection of mason jars on your next visit to the superstore.
1. Vases: Mason jars make for great vases as they immediately add character. Consider scattering a collection of varying sizes and shapes across your fireplace mantel, dining room table, bedroom dresser or coffee table. Not only do they make a fun and unique addition, they are inexpensive and easy to wash and store.
2. Hurricanes: Add a little sand, insert votive, light, voila! Think about an entire slew of mason jars in all varying sizes using battery operated votives if outside!
3. Cocktail Shakers: Who needs a fancy cocktail shaker when you can use a mason jar. Insert ingredients, top with ice, secure the lid and shake. Plus, a few mason jars on your cocktail cart adds a nice youthful touch.
4. Making Vinaigrettes: Instead of slowly incorporating your oil while whisking, that alone takes some coordination, add everything to your mason jar, don’t forget that pinch of salt and pepper, secure the lid and shake. Taste, adjust, serve! Plus, leftover vinaigrette can remain in the mason jar until the following day. Why dirty another dish, right?
5. Shaping your graham or gingersnap crust for Thanksgiving (since it’s just around the corner) pies! Yes, this is an unusual one, but if the bottom of your mason jar is flat – as in, not indented in the bottom – simply press down in your 9” round pyrex, including the corners and sides, to give structure minus the finger indents. P.S. Since we are on the topic, and just in time for Thanksgiving, check out my recipe for Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, including dozens for Thanksgiving like my famous Parker House Rolls, Cranberry Sauce and Relish, Green Beans, and even a super simple Turkey, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, for dozens of videos solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!