Everyday Serving Pieces for Any Occasion | Tuesday’s Tip of the Day!
When it comes to entertaining, I always tell my clients that serving pieces are items we collect overtime. Yes, we all need a basic inventory of serving pieces to get started, but this “basic” collection will no doubt grow as our space, expertise and desire expands. Here are a few everyday serving pieces, perfect for any occasion.
- Bowls: When it comes to serving bowls, its important that we have different sizes ranging in varying widths and depths. A shallow serving bowl can make a gorgeous serving vessel for pasta night, where a deep serving bowl is best suited for a salad. Think outside the box when it comes to bowls and don’t be afraid to repurpose and reuse.
- Platters: From oval, square and round, think about 1 of each for maximum use and versatility. A few different sizes, starting with your current entertaining style (small gatherings vs. large gatherings) and building from there.
- Serving Utensils: Make sure you have a collection of serving spoons (slotted too), forks, and tongs as well as pie servers and knives for your desserts.
- Mason Jars: These can come in real handy! From cocktail shakers, vases, hurricanes and a vessel to hold utensils for casual entertaining, not to mention a paper napkin weight for outside entertaining, mason jars constantly save the day in my household. Plus, since they are so inexpensive, consider having a collection of different sizes to add dimension for any purpose or occasion.
- Pitchers: You can use the same pitcher for water as that sweet ice tea, just make sure you have a few so that you can serve from both at the same time. When determining what size to purchase, think large enough so you don’t have to keep refilling but small enough so they easily nestle in between tablescapes and those gathering around the table together.
- Cooking Vessels and Everyday Kitchen Staples: You don’t always need a traditional serving vessel to serve from. Think about serving cheese and crackers, as well as that delicious garlic bread, right off a cutting board (if it’s a nice looking one) and soup straight from the saucepan! Not only does it bring people together and make the entire evening more “homey”, its repurposing what you do have without anyone knowing the difference.
With this foundation of everyday essential serving pieces, you equip yourself with the necessary tools for entertaining in style!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, for dozens of videos solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!