Essential Tips for Quick & Easy Weeknight Cooking! | Wednesday’s In the
Putting a healthy and nutritious dinner on the table after a long day of work, soccer practice and board meetings can be cumbersome. Yes, I agree! But by having a plan, shopping for the week on the weekend when you may have a few extra minutes and knowing what your week looks like before it officially arrives, is the key to success! Here are a few of my top tips for taking on the week like a champ!
- Have a Plan! There is nothing worse than a Monday without a plan! Right away, you start the week unsteady, overwhelmed and with no grasp of where and how you are going to fit everything in! Create a plan over the weekend, whether 5 minutes before the rest of your family wakes, in-between Sunday T-ball and ballet, or at the car wash. Check your calendar and determine how many meals need to be shopped for, prepped and executed.
- Make it easy on yourself! No one wants or expects a 5-star meal when you don’t get home until 7:30. Be realistic with how much time you will have and your energy level! Sometimes the best meals are the simplest. Breakfast for dinner anyone?
- Create a Shopping List: Use your plan for the week to create a realistic shopping list. Don’t forget to include grab-and-goes for breakfast, snacks and lunches in addition to your dinners. And since you are already making a list, add some fresh fruits and veggies! Having a heaping fruit basket on the counter is one way to get in extra feel-good nutrients that will keep you going strong all day long.
- Schedule: Physically schedule when you’re going to shop and get as much as you possibly can in one trip! Save fresh proteins for your way home to keep them fresh, but all other accompaniments and sides should be taken care of.
- Have Fun! Cooking can be and should be fun! Try getting your family involved whether peeling, washing or setting the table so that everyone feels apart of the meal.
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes perfect for simple weeknight cooking, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, solely dedicated to bringing these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!