With only a few days until Christmas, it’s time to run through our checklist and make sure all items and deliverables are accounted for.
- Counter Space: First and foremost, friends and family are coming over and dishes will be coming in and out of the fridge and oven. Clear as much room as you possibly can (including equipment that you won’t be using tomorrow, like your toaster, for example) so that there is plenty of real estate both in the fridge and on the counter. Use this as an opportunity to play a game of Chopped by spending the next few days cooking from your fridge.
- Spot-check your pantry: Are you absolutely sure you have a fresh supply of dried herbs, sugars and spices for executing the most delicious Christmas dinner yet?
- Staples: Maybe you thought you had ample butter, sugar, oil, salt and pepper but do you really? Double check!
- Wine: Make sure whites are chilling and reds are, well, accounted for.
- Cleaning supplies: They may have slipped your shopping list, but they are absolutely critical come cleanup and platters and dishes galore! Take inventory and make sure you have ample towels, sponges, scrubbers, dish washing soap, dishwasher soap, kitchen gloves, a container for properly disposing grease, and garbage bags.
- Miscellaneous Items: Don’t forget a hefty supply of clean aprons, dishtowels, oven mitts, and trivets to protect your buffet and counter tops.
- Table: Is the table set? Do you have place cards? Do you have extra votives? Fresh water for the flowers? Etc.
- Playlist: Determine your evening’s playlist and queue the tracks accordingly!
Now that we have the nitty-gritty taken care of, walk through your recipes one last time ensuring all ingredients are accounted for and then, find time to put your feet up and take a breather. You have a busy few days a head!
For other great ideas and recipes on cooking at your best, stay In The Know and subscribe on my website for weekly deliveries straight to your inbox!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
P.S. Coming in the New Year, I am launching a You Tube channel, solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life! Stay tuned for more info to come…
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!