There is nothing better than a perfectly ripe avocado, creamy and velvety smooth on the inside. However, what do you do when the weekend’s Cinco De Mayo Guacamole bar promises a big turnout, but the market’s avocados are rock-hard? Help!
What you will need:
- Brown paper bag
- Apple (more apples, faster the ripening will occur)
Step by step:
- In a brown paper bag, place avocados and an apple. Tightly crimp the top to seal and keep at room temperature checking the firmness of your avocado the following day. I would allow at least 2 days for this process, of course depending on just how rock-hard those avocados are.
- As a side note, the more apples you place inside the bag, the faster the avocados will ripen.
- Voila, gorgeous velvety smooth guacamole primed for your party in pronto timing!
How does this work?
- Overtime, the apple and avocado release and exchange ethylene gas aiding in the rapid ripening process.
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, including my Guacamole recipe and dozens of others featuring avocado, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, for dozens of videos solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!