Foolproof Caramel Sauce | Tuesday’s Tip of the Day!
The trick to making perfect foolproof caramel sauce is actually quite simple. First, measuring ingredients. Second, selecting your cookware. Third, following these steps below. Fourth, stop letting caramel sauce taunt, intimidate or overwhelm you! Quite often, we never even take steps to making caramel because we are too nervous to even begin the process. Before you think “I can’t do this,” think “Yes You Can!” Now that we have our sleeves rolled up and are ready to take on caramel, let’s step in the kitchen and get cook’n.
- Patience! When making caramel sauce, it is important to be patient! It is also important to know that caramel can turn from “is anything happening” to “done” to “burnt, start over” in seconds. Literally!
- Commit! When stepping into the kitchen, commit yourself to the task at hand and don’t walk away!
- Follow the Directions. Yes, really! When the recipe says, “stop stirring,” stop stirring!
- Adding Cream: When adding the cream, yes it will bubble viciously but that’s part of the process. Remember, don’t let caramel frighten you. Stand your ground, whisk in hand…and don’t stop whisking!
- Storing: Caramel will thicken as it cools. Depending on the intended use, chilled caramel sauce can quickly be nuked in the microwave or over low heat in a small saucepan.
Now that you have conquered caramel sauce, it’s time to make up a batch. And for the record, homemade caramel sauce makes for a great hostess gift when given in a pretty canning jar, like my personal favorite Weck.
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!