The Skinny on Summer Salads | Tuesday's Tip of the Day!
When you think about a salad, most often you consider the leafy green type with a simple vinaigrette and maybe a few nuts, cheese or veggies to finish. Simple and straightforward, which is sometimes all you need. When the moment is right for a little something extra, consider taking your salad to the next level by including other ingredients that take an ordinary salad to extraordinary levels!
Here are a few ideas to “wet” your appetite, if you may:
- Orange / Grapefruit Segments
- Dried blueberries or cherries
- Spicy Arugula
- Kale (and the numerous varieties)
- Carrot or zucchini ribbons
- Swiss Chard
- Grilled Corn
- Peaches (grilled or not)
- Tomatoes (heirloom or cherry)
- Summer squash
- Feta / Blue Cheese / Goat Cheese / Cotija / Queso Fresco
- Pumpkin Seeds / Walnuts / Toasted Pecans
- Mint / Thyme / Parsley / Cilantro
- Lime / Lemon / Orange Juice
- White Balsamic / Champagne / Raspberry / Fig Vinaigrettes
- Walnut / Cashew / EVO / Peanut / Avocado Oils
- …to name a few
Need a little inspiration? Try one of these fun combinations!
- Watermelon + Mint + Feta
- Grilled Corn + Avocado + Lime + Queso Fresco
- Grilled Peaches + Honey + Toasted Granola
- Tomatoes + Burrata + Garlic Oil
- Berries + Kale + Goat Cheese
- Zucchini + Lemon Zest + Pine Nuts + Feta + Spicy Arugula
- Summer Squash + Quinoa + Cherry Tomatoes + Basil
Whichever combination you choose, have fun with it and remember, the sky is your limit so get creative and go big!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!