Giving the (Last Minute) Gift of Food | Tuesday’s Tip of the Day!
Can you believe after all these weeks of braving traffic, fighting for parking spots and long lines at the malls, Christmas has arrived? I sure can’t! Today I am going to share some of my favorite last minute “giving the gift of food” shopping tips! And at the end of the day, these ideas can apply to more than food! All it takes is a little imagination, some patience and dedication to crossing those names off your list…in 3 days.
Giving the gift of food! Last Minute Shopping Ideas:
- Grocery Stores: Grocery stores offer a plethora of ideas for last minute shopping! From gift cards, wines, olive oils, vinegars, finishing salts, teas, coffees, and even treasures from the specialty aisle, don’t over estimate the ease and convenience (plus late hours of operation) of your local grocery store!
- Gas Stations: If you are in a true pinch for time, most gas stations carry gift cards for restaurants or even local grocery stores or chains. And if that doesn’t work, a gift card to Home Depot, for example, isn’t a bad idea as maybe it’s time we start looking at that kitchen remodel after all, right?
- Pharmacy: From specialty nut mixes to oils, wines and candies, you never know what might line those pharmacy shelves! Plus, the lines are typically much shorter at your pharmacy store than your grocery or department stores. A much welcomed sight come the holiday mayhem!
- Department Stores: If you are already downtown, don’t overestimate the home-goods section at major department stores where beautiful platters, oil canisters, peppermills, mixing bowls, espresso machines, aprons, linens, and even major brands like Le Creuset and a slue of items from Martha Stewart’s collection line the department shelves. Some of them may even carry specialty candies, oils and mixes.
- Kitchen Stores: Stores like Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table offer everything the chef in your life loves including cookbooks, prepared sauces and mixes, spices, linens, cocktail mixers and even classes (in some locations).
- Restaurants: While your taking a break from all your holiday shopping, check to see if your restaurant offers a cookbook, specialty oils, spices, or even cooking classes or special tasting menus! You just never know!
Now that you have 6 fresh new ideas to consider, it’s time to start shopping and crossing those names off your list!
However you plan to celebrate this year, I hope that you find joy, love and comfort in gathering around The Table Together with those that you love!
For other terrific tips and recipes for cooking at your best, subscribe to my blog and I will send them straight to your inbox every Tuesday morning!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!