Tiffany's Holiday Gift Guide for that Foodie in Your Life! | Wednesday’s In the Know
Looking for some fun ideas from stocking stuffers to high tickets items that will no doubt make a lasting impression? If so, you way want to read on for my top culinary picks – all readily available at my favorite culinary mecca, Sur La Table – primed for hitting a home run this holiday season!
Smaller Ticket Items (Stocking Stuffers):
- Bench Scraper ($10): Protect those knives, and fingers, by gifting bench scrapers this year. Plus, there are numerous other purposes for a bench scraper, like smashing garlic, ginger, crushing nuts and even measuring.
- Vanilla Bean Paste ($14.95): One of my all-time favorite things in the entire world, is vanilla bean paste. Yes, that is a bold statement but maybe, just maybe, you will know what I mean when you try it for yourself. Thick like honey, sweet like sugar and laden with vanilla pods speckled throughout, vanilla bean paste is a must have! With an element of sweet, essence of vanilla and beauty of vanilla pods, vanilla bean paste is a real game-changer. Heck, it’s even delicious in your coffee!
- Popcorn Seasoning (Starting at $6): For those popcorn lovers in your life, consider adoring them with a variety pack of popcorn seasoning from hot and spicy to mild and sweet!
- Salts (Starting at $10.95): From Maldon, Pinot Noir and Truffle salts, we all know the importance of salt for a finishing touch. Impress your friends or loved ones with a festive collection of salts from which they can remember you by all year round.
- Bacon Seasoning (Starting at $7.00): As if bacon could get any better, it did! Maple bacon seasoning offers a wonderful sweet, salty and ever so delicious addition that will no doubt become a fan-favorite. Excessive hugs, “thank you’s” and “this is the best gift ever” come at no extra charge.
- Kitchen Towels (Starting at $10) and Oven Mitts (Starting at $10): We can always use another kitchen towel. Think about adding a kitchen towel with matching oven mitts for a fun practical gift for the cook or baker in your life.
- Garlic Roller ($7.95): Hate peeling the skin off your garlic? Me too! That’s why adding a garlic roller to your stockings will make you the talk of the town and a true hero all year round.
- Citrus Juicer (Starting at $20): Get out every last drop of lemon, lime or orange juice while bonus, omitting the seeds! From stocking a bar cart to finishing off your vinaigrettes, you will find many uses for this handy tool!
- Microplain (Starting at $9.95): From cheese, ginger, chocolate and lemon zest, every kitchen needs a Microplain in its arsenal.
- Meat Thermometer (Starting at $19.95): Everyone needs a good meat thermometer in their life! Starting around $15 and up, you can find a great one without breaking the bank!
- Avocado Slicer ($10): Love avocados but hate slicing them for your tacos, salad or soup? Yes, that can be a pain! With an avocado slicer, let this nifty gadget do all the work leaving you with more time to, well, eat more avocados.
- Bitters & Cocktail Paraphernalia (Starting at $14.95): Give the gift of a well stocked bar this holiday season. From bitters to cocktail shakers, muddlers, and even fancy swirl sticks and straws, you can put together a fun collection of items perfect for stocking the bar!
- Vinegars (Starting at $10) & Oils (Starting at $12): There are so many fun oils and vinegars on the market, gifting a collection of everyday and “unique” varieties can be an absolute blast!
- Crocks (Starting at $9.99): For that cook or baker that has every tool possible but jammed in a kitchen drawer. Help them organize their space with a crock that neatly holds their top cooking utensils in one space with easy access to the cooktop.
- Olive Oil Canisters (Starting at $10): A true beauty on your counter, oil canisters make a great gift as they are constant in our kitchens and look ever so beautiful when enclosed outside their bottle and in a decorative oil canister.
- Spoon Rests (Starting at $18): Help keep the counter clean by gifting a spoon rest for that wooden spoon in between stirring.
Medium Ticket Items:
- Cutting Boards (Epicurean Boards Starting at $24.95): The one item we all need but often overlook is a good cutting board that protects your knives and finger tips alike. My all-time favorite brand is Epicurean as they are dishwasher safe and offer a variety of boards with rubber tips to keep the board from sliding around your countertop. Think about a small board for slicing lemons and limes on the bar cart, medium or large for everyday cooking, and even a carving board for that delicious roast.
- Baking Sheets (Starting at $15): Think about updating your friend or loved one’s baking sheet collection and just maybe, you will reap the benefits following with some freshly baked cookies.
- Electric Salt and Pepper Mills (Starting at $44.95): An electric salt and pepper grinder is often something we don’t personally splurge for ourselves, but something we would cherish forever if gifted.
- Cookbooks (Starting at $20): Whether they love baking, cooking, paella, pasta, ice cream, canning or even toast, there are cookbooks for everyone out there! And yes, there is a cookbook called Toast!
- Linens (Starting at $44.99): From napkins, tablecloths, aprons and runners, beautiful linens can easily take an ordinary table to extraordinary levels!
- Kitchen Aid Stand-Mixer Attachments (Starting at $9.95): From the spiralizer, citrus juicer, pasta, or meat grinder attachments to even an ice cream bowl attachment, Kitchen Aid stand-mixer attachment’s make for a great gift that will last a lifetime.
High Ticket Items:
- Vitamix-750 Series (Starting at $548.96): A true versatile workhorse in the kitchen, a Vitamix can make everything from sorbet to freshly ground almond flour, smoothies and even soup. Heck, it even comes standard with a self-cleaning function. Now, how cool is that!
- Kitchen Aid Stand-Mixer (Starting at $329.95): Regardless of all the incredible attachments that can accompany your Kitchen Aid stand-mixer, like the pasta or spiralizer attachments, a Kitchen Aid mixer is another incredible workhorse. From pizza dough, cookies, soufflés, meringue, whipping cream and even my favorite cake batter, a stand-mixer is a must in every kitchen.
- Breville Food Processor 16-cup (Starting at $399.95): From flaky pie dough to cranberry relish, pesto and my gingersnap crust recipe, a food processor is essential! Plus, with all the attachments, one of which can even make whip cream, you’ll probably find multiple ways to put this baby to work!
- Immersion Blender and Food Processor Set ($99.95): If you are looking for one set that has it all, this is it! From a smaller food processor perfect for smaller tasks, like a quick tapenade, marinade, sauce or vinaigrette, to the included whisk attachment perfect for a quick no-fuss whip cream or meringue to the immersion blender attachment for a velvety smooth puree, this set really is one of a kind!
- Knives (Global Knives Starting at $399.95 for a 6-piece set): Everyone needs a good collection of kitchen knives but often overlook just how important they are! Purchasing a block is a great way to gift an entire collection at which point they have everything they need. My favorite brand is Global because they feel great in my hands and look so sharp on my countertop!
- Cast Iron (Starting at $99.96): A cast iron will last you a lifetime, especially one that’s already treated like Staub. With a huge collection to choose from, I encourage you to check out their website or visit Sur la Table to see for yourself just how incredible they are. Plus, not only are they functional, they are show-stopping and make a statement on your stovetop.
- Cookware Set (Scanpan Starting at $499.96 for a 11-piece set): Yes, we all need a good cookware set as that will absolutely set us for success each and every time we step into our kitchen. My favorite, Scanpan!
- Cooking Classes (Sur La Table Starting at $69 per person): Consider gifting a cooking class at Sur La Table where you and your friend or loved one can cook side by side! If nothing else, it’s a fun way to learn a few new tips all while making new friends and lasting memories! Plus, you get to eat your creations and have the recipes to recreate in your own home with all your new kitchen finds!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!