Come summertime, I cannot get enough of juicy ripe fruit prime for eating (or baking!). This recipe is as simple as it gets but absolutely delicious and perfect for sharing around The Table Together. Plus, for those that love picking fresh blueberries, here is one more way to use up the delectable bounty!
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
To prepare the blueberry-peach mixture:
2. In a large bowl, add blueberries, peaches, flour, lemon juice, and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, carefully incorporate all ingredients until evenly combined. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the crumble.
To prepare the crumble:
3. In a medium size bowl, add flour, oats, and butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until evenly combined. Using clean hands, continue to combine until flour is fully incorporated. Set to the side.
To assemble and bake:
4. In a 9-inch baking dish, add the blueberry-peach mixture and spread in an even layer.
5. Evenly divide the crumble to cover fruit. Place on a baking sheet to catch any overflowing juices and transfer to preheated 375ºF oven. Bake until crumble is golden brown in color and berries are bubbling, approximately 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Best served a la mode while still hot.
Kitchen Note: If you are using frozen fruit, allow to fully defrost before baking to prevent excess moisture.