Even if you don’t like raw kale, I am pretty certain you will love these kale chips. They are crispy, salty and almost nutty when roasted. Best yet, they are much healthier for you than fried chips! Consider eating them as is or using as a garnish for soup or even a kale salad. So go ahead, get your greens in and eat some chips!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 17 minutes
1, 8-ounce bunch raw organic kale with ribs, ribs removed, torn into 2-inch size pieces (approximately 8 loose cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Wash kale then remove the hard spines. Tear into large pieces – they will shrink during cooking – and using a clean kitchen towel, carefully shake the kale to remove excess water. Alternatively, a salad spinner can be used.
3. In a medium size bowl, add kale and olive oil. Using clean dry hands, toss to evenly coat.
4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place kale in an even layer. Place in preheated 375ºF oven and allow to cook until crispy, approximately 15 – 17 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with salt while the chips are still hot.
6. Allow to fully cool before serving.
Kitchen Note: If you are feeling adventurous, experiment with different spices like garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, or even turmeric. Spices should be added at the same time as the salt.