Who doesn’t love a heaping bowl of chex-mix? It’s salty, buttery and oh so delicious! This is a homemade version that will please any crowd, even if that crowd is just you!
Yield: 6 cups
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2cups Wheat Chex cereal
2 cups small pretzels, round or square
1 stick (8 tablespoons or 4-ounces) unsalted butter
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, add Rice Chex cereal, Wheat Chex cereal and pretzels.
3. In a small saucepan, add butter and allow to melt while stirring the pan.
4. Add garlic powder and onion powder, stir to combine and pour over cereal mixture tossing to combine.
5. On a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silmat or parchment paper, add cereal mixture and spread in an even layer. Place in preheated 350ºF oven and allow to bake while occasionally stirring until just toasted, approximately 12 – 14 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
7. Serve while warm or at room temperature.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Kitchen Note: Chex-mix will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container. Before storing, make sure chex-mix is at room temperature. Feel free to add unsalted mixed nuts to the mix as well.