One of my favorite things to do on the grill is to make kebabs! Easy to prepare and super quick cooking times, it’s a go-to for any gathering around the BBQ!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
8 skewers, metal or wood – see kitchen note
2 pounds boneless lamb sirloin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes (total of 16 cubes)
1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt, as desired
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
1/2 red onion, sliced into 1-inch squares
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
1. In a medium size bowl, add lamb and toss with Greek seasoning, olive oil and salt until evenly combined. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine yogurt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and mint until smooth. Set in the fridge until ready for service.
3. When the lamb has marinated, skewer in this order. Lamb, bell pepper, onion, lamb. Repeat for a total of 4 lamb cubes per skewer. Repeat with the remaining lamb.
4. On a grill pan or BBQ lightly greased with cooking spray or oil, grill kebabs for 2 1/2 minutes. Rotate, grill another 2 1/2 minutes, then rotate one final time and grill another 2 minutes (for medium rare). For medium or well, grill until cooked all the way through, approximately 8 – 12 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Serve with cumin yogurt dipping sauce on the side.
Kitchen Note: If using wooden skewers, soak for 20 – 30 minutes before use.