If you love hazelnuts, but hate dealing with their flaky finicky skin, this one goes out to you! Today I am going to share 3 tips for removing the skin of hazelnuts in record time!
Wire Rack Method:
- Insert a wire rack, the kind you would cool cookies on, inside a baking sheet.
- Place roasted hazelnuts on top, and using your hands or a kitchen towel, gently rub the hazelnuts back and forth against the wire grates.
- Watch as the skin quickly releases leaving you with hazelnuts ready for snacking or adorning to your heart’s content.
- The Downside? Dishes & Laundry.
- Place roasted hazelnuts in the middle of a kitchen towel.
- Secure the edges trapping the hazelnuts inside.
- Gently rub the towel and contents in between your hands, on the counter and shake until the skin has removed.
- The Downside? Laundry
Bowl or To-Go Container:
- Find two identical metal or plastic bowls or to-go containers with a fitted lid.
- Place roasted hazelnuts inside one bowl, secure the top with the second identical bowl or lid, and shake until the skin has removed.
- The Downside? Noisy!
For other terrific tips and hundreds of recipes, visit my website (thetabletogether.com). While there, consider “subscribing” and I will send a new tip or blog post directly to your inbox every Tuesday and Wednesday morning!
P.S. Make sure you check out my YouTube channel, The Table Together with Tiffany Lewis, for dozens of videos solely dedicated to bringing all of these fantastic tips and recipes to life!
Cheers to starting a new tradition around The Table Together!
Founder and true believer in the power of bringing people around The Table Together!