On a hot summer day, nothing cools me down faster than a fruit based spritzer. And when entertaining, make a batch for your kiddos then “doctor” them up for the adults! How is that for a win-win!
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
2 peaches, pits removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
juice from 1 lime, approximately 2 tablespoons
1 bottle sparkling water
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and water. Whisk until a simmer then reduce to low and continue to cook while whisking until sugar has dissolved, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add mint leaves and steep for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, add peaches and lime juice and set to the side.
3. Once the mint has steeped in the simple syrup, strain and discard the mint leaves while reserving the mint infused simple syrup.
4. To the blender, start with 1/3 cup mint simple syrup. Blend until smooth. Adjust to taste with more mint simple syrup if desired.
5. In serving glasses, add ice and fill halfway with peach mixture. Top with sparkling water, stir and serve with a “fancy straw” – See kitchen note.
Kitchen Note: As the drink sits, the peach mixture will settle to the bottom. To prevent this, serve drinks with a “fancy straw” to keep each drink at its prime. For an adult version, add a splash of bourbon or fruit flavored vodka.