Guava Fresca is the ultimate summertime refresher! It’s sweet in both taste and looks and will satisfy adults and children alike. Add a splash of vodka for a little “kick,” but be careful, they go down quickly!
Yield: 4 cups simple syrup (16, 6-ounce servings)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
3 cups guava juice, best quality possible
sparkling water, as desired
1. In a small pot over medium heat, add water and sugar. Allow to cook while stirring with a whisk until sugar has dissolved, approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add mint leaves. Allow to steep off heat for 10 minutes.
3. Strain reserving simple syrup and discarding mint leaves.
4. Combine guava juice with simple syrup and stir.
5. To serve, fill each glass with ice, 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup guava simple syrup, and top with sparkling water as desired. – see kitchen note below.
Kitchen Note: For more or less sweetness, decrease or increase the ratio of simple syrup to sparkling water. For a grownup version, consider adding a splash of tropical flavored rum or vodka.